Teeth Cleaning in Guelph
Teeth whitening is a cosmetic procedure that can help you achieve a cleaner and healthy smile. Whether you prefer the convenience of at-home whitening or the more dramatic results of an in-office treatment, teeth whitening can make you more confident.
What is teeth cleaning?
Teeth cleaning is a dental procedure that involves removing plaque, tartar, and surface stains from teeth. It is performed by a certified dentist or a dental hygienist. The main purpose of teeth cleaning is to maintain good oral health by removing any buildup from the teeth, preventing tooth decay and gum disease. Teeth cleaning is performed every 6 months as part of regular cleanup.
Why is teeth cleaning important?
Teeth cleaning is important for maintaining good oral health. Some reasons for this include:
- Preventing decay and cavities: Regular cleaning helps remove plaque and tartar buildup, which can lead to tooth decay and cavities.
- Improving gum health: Cleaning helps remove plaque and tartar from the gum line which is unreachable by a toothbrush or floss. This can reduce the risk of gum disease and improve overall gum health.
- Improve bad breath: Teeth cleaning removes surface stains and plaque buildup, which can help improve bad breath.
- Detecting problems early: During a teeth cleaning, the dentist or hygienist can check for signs of oral problems and address them early, before they become more serious.
- Good oral health: Good oral health has been linked to overall health, and regular cleaning can help maintain good oral hygiene and reduce the risk of other health problems. You can also maintain your oral health by following these Home Remedies on How To Get Rid of Bad Breath.
Is teeth cleaning covered by dental insurance?
The fact that you are covered depends on the specifics of your dental insurance plan. Most dental insurance plans cover at least a portion of the cost of teeth cleaning as part of preventive care. It’s best to check the details of your dental insurance plan to determine what is covered and what you will have to pay yourself. You can find this information by contacting your insurance provider or by reviewing the plan’s summary of benefits or insurance policy.
How often should I get my teeth cleaned?
As a general guideline, it’s recommended that most people get their teeth cleaned by a dental professional every six months to a year. This helps to remove plaque and tartar buildup and to maintain good oral health. However, the frequency of teeth cleaning depends on several factors including your oral hygiene habits and your overall health. If you have good oral hygiene habits you may be able to wait longer time between cleanings.
Welcoming New Patients
If you are looking for a dentist in Guelph, look no further. We always welcome new patients of all ages. You can book a dental consultation with our team today to get started. We look forward to seeing you!