Bad breath can be a source of embarrassment and discomfort. The good news is that there are many natural remedies you can try to get rid of bad breath. Here are some of the most effective and efficient ones that you can get started with right away:
- Drink plenty of water: Staying hydrated can help flush out bacteria and food particles that can cause bad breath. Aim to drink at least a couple of glasses water a day.
- Brush and floss regularly: Brushing and flossing can help remove plaque, food particles, and bacteria from your mouth. Be sure to brush your teeth at least twice a day and floss once a day to keep your mouth fresh and clean.
- Use mouthwash: Mouthwash can help kill bacteria and also leave your breath minty fresh. Look for a mouthwash that contains antimicrobial agents, such as chlorine dioxide. A quick rinse for about 30 seconds can leave your mouth minty fresh.
- Chew gum: Chewing gum or sucking on mints can stimulate saliva production and freshen your breath. Just be sure to choose sugar-free options, as sugar can contribute to bad breath. You can keep these on you all the time and after lunch, you can use them to freshen up your breath.
- Clean your tongue: Your tongue can cultivate bacteria and food particles that can cause bad breath. Use a tongue scraper or a toothbrush to gently clean your tongue every day. If you are experiencing bad breath daily, it’s important to make this part of daily routine.
- Avoid certain foods: Certain foods, such as onions, garlic, and coffee, can cause bad breath. Limiting or avoiding these foods can help improve your breath.
- Drink green tea: Green tea has antibacterial properties that can help kill bacteria in your mouth and freshen your breath. Aim to drink at least one cup of green tea a day.
- Eat crunchy fruits and vegetables: Crunchy fruits and vegetables, such as apples, carrots, and celery, can help stimulate saliva production and clean your mouth. Eating them can help freshen your breath and prevent bad breath.
- Quit smoking: Smoking can cause bad breath and stain your teeth. Quitting smoking can help improve your breath and overall oral health.
- Visit your dentist: If your bad breath persists despite trying these remedies, be sure to visit your dentist. Your dentist can determine the underlying cause of your bad breath and provide appropriate treatment.
Bad breath can be a source of embarrassment and discomfort, but there are many natural remedies you can try to get rid of it. From drinking plenty of water and brushing and flossing regularly, to eating crunchy fruits and vegetables and quitting smoking, there are many simple steps you can take to freshen your breath. If your bad breath persists, we recommend you consult your dentist for an evaluation.
If you are experiencing bad breath, you can always Contact Us for a Teeth Cleaning in Guelph